Catholic Charities' policy is to consider for membership agencies that meet the following criteria:
- organized under the governance of a voluntary Board of Directors;
- provide effective direct social, health, community or related services to meet an identified need in a specific geographic area of the Archdiocese;
- ensure service provided is consistent with the pastoral, moral and social teachings of the Catholic Church; and
- financially viable.
Catholic Charities consists of a network of 29 agencies whose mission is to address the physical, social, emotional and economic needs of the community. You are invited to check out our member agencies and the work in which they have been involved.
Community / Family Services
Community outreach, family-life education and advocacy to improve social services and access for those lacking food, clothing and shelter. Counselling services to end family violence improve spousal relationships and help heal family problems and emotional trauma.
- Catholic Community Services of York Region
- Catholic Crosscultural Services
- Catholic Family Services of Durham
- Catholic Family Services of Peel-Dufferin
- Catholic Family Services of Simcoe County
- Catholic Family Services of Toronto
- Marguerite Bourgeoys Family Centre
- Natural Family Planning Association
People With Special Needs
Residential and community support for children and young adults with developmental disabilities; and, supportive adult communities for men recovering from addictions and for men and women with mental health issues. Services for the deaf and their families.
- Mary Centre
- Our Place Community of Hope Centre
- St. Bernadette's Family Resource Centre
- Saint Elizabeth Health Care
- St. Michael's Homes / Matt Talbot Houses
- Silent Voice Canada
Children and Youth
Providing children with support from neglect and physical, sexual and emotional abuse; quality day care for children from low-income families; and, offering disadvantaged boys a summer camping experience.
- Carmelina's Home - Mater Dei - Associate Member
- Catholic Children's Aid Society
- Catholic Settlement House Day Nursery
- Covenant House Toronto - Associate Member
- Sancta Maria House
Providing support and educational services to young, pregnant women, and young parents and their children.
Support services and housing for sick, elderly and disabled seniors, including services geared to the Francophone community. Home visits and programs for isolated persons.